1. EF-CCD does not show up in the camera panel of Titan UI.
what to do: close the programs in reverse order of start-up and try again, i.e. close TIA –> open TIA. If it doesn’t work, close TIA –> close GMS. Select Exist without saving when asked about GIF alignment upon closing GMS. If this message window does not show up, check Task manager, find DigitalMicrograph process and force-end it.Select Exist without saving when asked about GIF alignment upon closing GMS.
2. GIF full tune exits early.
what to do: Restart Gci2Remote and GfiRemote and try again. Shortcuts can be found on the desktop.
3. GMS dissapeared from the windows taskbar at the bottom.
what to do: use Alt+Tab to find it. Do not start another GMS without checking the windows task manager.
4. TEM server crashes as “BrickBox application process ‘Tem’ ended unexpectedly”. Such crashes usually cause High Tension to turn off and Autoloader to become uninitialized.
what to do: report to staff. Authorized users may perform the fix involving restarting the Tem Server.
5. ZLP centering routine cannot find the peak.
what to do: First check the beam is visible by taking a picture; then verify the primary energy under filter control pallette is 300kV, if not, mannually change it to 300kV. Select ‘Mask’ aperture under Filter control, take an image, if the array of holes is aligned well, proceed to try ZLP centering again. If the array of holes is severely distorted, open a previously saved gdf file under Gatan/Prefs, verify the mask image is restored to normal, then re-do GIF tuning.
6. Linear mode not visible in TEM imaging.
what to do: Go to Help -> User mode, select Power user; Click the home icon of the Techniques pallette; Click TEM imaging.
7. The green button does not light up when the nanocab is inserted. In the user interface, autoloader vacuum is off and autoloader becomes uninitialized.
what to do: click Vacuum On in the autoloader flap-out menu, then click Initialize when the button is clickable. Resume operation if it returns to normal. Otherwise, cease operation and report to the staff or Thermo customer service.
8. SerialEM crashes unexpectedly.
what to do: check DM information area (near bottom), to see if there is any error message –> capture a test image in DM, confirm DM is operating normally. Restart DM if necessary (run Tune GIF or Center ZLP after DM restarts ) –> restart SerialEM –> load your customized setting file, read and open the navigator file –> check Low dose mode, double check all the camera setup parameters, modify the image saving number if necessary –> resume acquisition.
9. SerialEM pops up stage error; the user can’t move stage using the navigator.
what to do: first, check if you can move stage in Titan UI, including using the joystick on the control pads. If stage movement is normal in the Titan UI, then simply restart SerialEM. If Titan UI reports stage error too, then report to the staff or Thermo customer service. If no error is visible, check Stage2 -> flap out menu -> Settings, to see if the Enableb button is yellow, the normal color. If the color is not yellow and is orange or grey, try to click it to disable it, then click it again to Re-Enable the stage. The process of Enable takes about six minutes and the button should return to yellow if it completes successfully.
10. K3 lost part of the view, e.g. blank horizontal slabs.
what to do: Camera monitor -> settings wheel -> quick scan -> reset datalink -> return to normal interface and try again.
11. K3 does not auto-retract after the set time.
what to do: Retract it mannually. Since the K3 cannot retract automatically after idling, it’s recommended that the user mannually retract it until this software bug is sorted out in the future.